LED Dimming has been a common lighting requirement in Today's Professional LED Lighting / Interior Design. But for many, who are in LED Lighting Design / Interior Design / M&E Consultant, they might have found different Reliability and Performance problems when using Traditional Incandescent Dimmers (a.k.a, TRIAC Dimmers) to realize LED Dimming. There are already many websites saying that LED Dimming requires a new type of Dimmer. It's our intention to create our Application Video Library to explore different LED Dimming topics so that the relevant parties would be able to visualize it than simply reading another technical article online.
To provide a simple-to-use and cost-effective LED Dimming solution for customers’ transition to Professional LED Lighting effect, our 450W / 220 - 240Vac Digital Phase Cut LED Wall Dimmers are designed for LED Deep Dimming. Not only are backward compatible to single Live-wire operation for TRIAC Dimmer Replacement, our LED dimmers have Other Benefits from Digital Processing, which upgrades Single Pole Dimmers with new features matching with today’s market needs.
Gen 3 LED Phase Dimmer
With our past effort, our Gen 3 LED Dimmer, DZ3G450DIAL, is officially listed on the leading Professional LED Lighting Manufacturer, SORAA®’s Compatibility List for its Professional LED Lamps. Not only that, our different solutions have been using in multiple projects by some prestigious customers, who encountered LED Dimming problems for their Interior Design projects. By working with LED Driver and Lighting Fixture Suppliers, Designers and Electricians, even Retailers, we've gained a comprehensive end-to-end understanding of the overall LED Dimming / Professional LED Lighting applications. This extensive Marketing experience also fuels our continuous product innovation for LED Dimming applications!
- To understand more about SORAA® Professional LED Lighting, please refer to our Recommended Product Sections: Professional LED Lamps and Track Light (ART-Series).
Gen 4 LED Phase Dimmer
To address Hospitality, Office, Retail and Residential Lighting applications, our new Gen 4 Multi-Way LED Dimmer, DZ4G450MULT, does not only integrate Light On/Off, Deep Dimming Up/Down and Scene-Setting features to a single button, but it also has a Unique Feature of being able to Connect Multiple LED Dimmers to Control the Same set of Lighting Fixtures at Different Locations, without SPDT switch nor Mobile APP . This is something not found in the textbook and is a useful new product to the Lighting society!
To facilitate our customers to browse our Videos, we've selected several more important ones as follows:
- LED Dimming Overview: Minimum Power Requirement for Deep Dimming, LED Dimming Problems with TRIAC Dimmers
- LED Dimmable Drivers (Phase-Cut / TRIAC):
- LED Dimmable Drivers (0/1-10V) : "0 -1 Inconsistency" in 0/1-10V Control Part I / Part II
- Shielding Suggestions for Using 1-10V Controller with Electronic Ballast (T5) Applications
- 12Vac Transformer Backward Compatibility Discussion using Magnetic & Electronics Transformers
- SORAA® Professional LED Lamps:
- Multi-Way LED Dimmer: Comparison with Traditional Two-Way Approach, DZ4G450MULT Operations Walk-through
- Tunable White & Colour Temperature Control Neutral-to-Warm (1800K-4000K) vs. Dim-to-Warm
No Dimmable LED Drivers are Equal: Meanwell vs. HEP TRIAC Dimmable LED DriversDimmable LED drivers are critical components for LED dimming performance, so the advice is always to understand if the proposed system can meet the desired performance before selecting a LED driver for a dimming project. But the fact is no dimmable LED drivers are equal. Before we’re able to make an educated decision, it would be good if we have an understanding of how the LED driver brands behave differently as compared to each other, which can significantly improve the project success rate and reduce the time required for searching for the right products.
In this video, we’d compare the dimming performance of two Phase Dimmable (also known as TRIAC Dimmable) LED Drivers that are popular in the market. We also comment how DIMEZE™ dimmers can be used in the different scenario. In this setup, we have our DIMEZE™ LED dimmer evaluation box that takes the 220Vac input and provides a 220Vac phase-cut output to the Phase-Dimmable (TRIAC Dimmable) LED drivers. Two phase-dimmable (TRIAC Dimmable) LED drivers are connected in parallel, the Meanwell PCD-16-350B, and the HEP LMTC10W350Z, both of which are 350mA constant current output drivers. Since both drivers have different output voltage ranges, we have the drivers connected to the 36V / 700mA and 18V / 700mA CITIZEN COBs respectively for our demonstration.
In this video, we’ve shown that
- Both drivers can support Deep-Dimming and can dim the COBs to no light output level.
- The Meanwell PCD-16-350B driver has a more obvious dimming effect than the HEP LMTC10W350Z.
- The HEP LMTC10W350Z can dim more deeply than Meanwell PCD-16-350B. However, the light output at the very low level becomes shaky. For concerned customers, our suggestion is to utilize the DIMEZE™ LED dimmer’s Minimum-Brightness-Level feature to adapt to the driver for a Flicker-free Deep Dimming performance.
- Please refer to this video for utilizing the Minimum-Brightness-Level feature to provide a flicker-free dimming performance.