LED Dimming has been a common lighting requirement in Today's Professional LED Lighting / Interior Design. But for many, who are in LED Lighting Design / Interior Design / M&E Consultant, they might have found different Reliability and Performance problems when using Traditional Incandescent Dimmers (a.k.a, TRIAC Dimmers) to realize LED Dimming. There are already many websites saying that LED Dimming requires a new type of Dimmer. It's our intention to create our Application Video Library to explore different LED Dimming topics so that the relevant parties would be able to visualize it than simply reading another technical article online.
To provide a simple-to-use and cost-effective LED Dimming solution for customers’ transition to Professional LED Lighting effect, our 450W / 220 - 240Vac Digital Phase Cut LED Wall Dimmers are designed for LED Deep Dimming. Not only are backward compatible to single Live-wire operation for TRIAC Dimmer Replacement, our LED dimmers have Other Benefits from Digital Processing, which upgrades Single Pole Dimmers with new features matching with today’s market needs.
Gen 3 LED Phase Dimmer
With our past effort, our Gen 3 LED Dimmer, DZ3G450DIAL, is officially listed on the leading Professional LED Lighting Manufacturer, SORAA®’s Compatibility List for its Professional LED Lamps. Not only that, our different solutions have been using in multiple projects by some prestigious customers, who encountered LED Dimming problems for their Interior Design projects. By working with LED Driver and Lighting Fixture Suppliers, Designers and Electricians, even Retailers, we've gained a comprehensive end-to-end understanding of the overall LED Dimming / Professional LED Lighting applications. This extensive Marketing experience also fuels our continuous product innovation for LED Dimming applications!
- To understand more about SORAA® Professional LED Lighting, please refer to our Recommended Product Sections: Professional LED Lamps and Track Light (ART-Series).
Gen 4 LED Phase Dimmer
To address Hospitality, Office, Retail and Residential Lighting applications, our new Gen 4 Multi-Way LED Dimmer, DZ4G450MULT, does not only integrate Light On/Off, Deep Dimming Up/Down and Scene-Setting features to a single button, but it also has a Unique Feature of being able to Connect Multiple LED Dimmers to Control the Same set of Lighting Fixtures at Different Locations, without SPDT switch nor Mobile APP . This is something not found in the textbook and is a useful new product to the Lighting society!
To facilitate our customers to browse our Videos, we've selected several more important ones as follows:
- LED Dimming Overview: Minimum Power Requirement for Deep Dimming, LED Dimming Problems with TRIAC Dimmers
- LED Dimmable Drivers (Phase-Cut / TRIAC):
- LED Dimmable Drivers (0/1-10V) : "0 -1 Inconsistency" in 0/1-10V Control Part I / Part II
- Shielding Suggestions for Using 1-10V Controller with Electronic Ballast (T5) Applications
- 12Vac Transformer Backward Compatibility Discussion using Magnetic & Electronics Transformers
- SORAA® Professional LED Lamps:
- Multi-Way LED Dimmer: Comparison with Traditional Two-Way Approach, DZ4G450MULT Operations Walk-through
- Tunable White & Colour Temperature Control Neutral-to-Warm (1800K-4000K) vs. Dim-to-Warm
Two-Way Dimming Operation Review & Introduction to Multi-Way Dimmer Product ConceptIn this video, we first updated that our DZ3G450DIAL had recently completed two restaurant dimming projects in Shangri-La Hotel in Malaysia (See our Job Reference). We then reviewed the typical Two-Way Dimming operation based on a functional demo using 2x DZ3G450DIAL with different Dimmable LED Lamps.
For the Typical Two-Way Dimming Operation, the lamp can be switched On/Off at either location, but Brightness Control can only be done at One Location. To address Dimming the Same Lamp Continuously at Different Locations, we introduce a new product concept with our functional demo to show how the dimming operation can be done with the New Multi-Way Dimmers.
(Left) Dimming a CCT Changeable Downlight at Location 1
Since more than two Multi-Way Dimmers can easily be connected In Parallel, it means that creating More Access Locations for Dimming the Same Lamp is also Possible. Furthermore, the Wiring of the new Multi-Way Dimmers would be much Easier than Traditional Three-way Operation.
Possible Applications for Multi-Way Dimmers:
- In the master bedroom, the same reading lamp can be dimmed on either side of the bed, as well as at the door entrance.
- In the office main conference room, where the track lights and other lighting fixtures can be dimmed at either entrance.
[ NEW ] For more information on Multi-Way Dimming Operation and Wiring, please refer to Technology page "Multi-Way Operation Explained" section.