LED Dimming has been a common lighting requirement in Today's Professional LED Lighting / Interior Design. But for many, who are in LED Lighting Design / Interior Design / M&E Consultant, they might have found different Reliability and Performance problems when using Traditional Incandescent Dimmers (a.k.a, TRIAC Dimmers) to realize LED Dimming. There are already many websites saying that LED Dimming requires a new type of Dimmer. It's our intention to create our Application Video Library to explore different LED Dimming topics so that the relevant parties would be able to visualize it than simply reading another technical article online.
To provide a simple-to-use and cost-effective LED Dimming solution for customers’ transition to Professional LED Lighting effect, our 450W / 220 - 240Vac Digital Phase Cut LED Wall Dimmers are designed for LED Deep Dimming. Not only are backward compatible to single Live-wire operation for TRIAC Dimmer Replacement, our LED dimmers have Other Benefits from Digital Processing, which upgrades Single Pole Dimmers with new features matching with today’s market needs.
Gen 3 LED Phase Dimmer
With our past effort, our Gen 3 LED Dimmer, DZ3G450DIAL, is officially listed on the leading Professional LED Lighting Manufacturer, SORAA®’s Compatibility List for its Professional LED Lamps. Not only that, our different solutions have been using in multiple projects by some prestigious customers, who encountered LED Dimming problems for their Interior Design projects. By working with LED Driver and Lighting Fixture Suppliers, Designers and Electricians, even Retailers, we've gained a comprehensive end-to-end understanding of the overall LED Dimming / Professional LED Lighting applications. This extensive Marketing experience also fuels our continuous product innovation for LED Dimming applications!
- To understand more about SORAA® Professional LED Lighting, please refer to our Recommended Product Sections: Professional LED Lamps and Track Light (ART-Series).
Gen 4 LED Phase Dimmer
To address Hospitality, Office, Retail and Residential Lighting applications, our new Gen 4 Multi-Way LED Dimmer, DZ4G450MULT, does not only integrate Light On/Off, Deep Dimming Up/Down and Scene-Setting features to a single button, but it also has a Unique Feature of being able to Connect Multiple LED Dimmers to Control the Same set of Lighting Fixtures at Different Locations, without SPDT switch nor Mobile APP . This is something not found in the textbook and is a useful new product to the Lighting society!
To facilitate our customers to browse our Videos, we've selected several more important ones as follows:
- LED Dimming Overview: Minimum Power Requirement for Deep Dimming, LED Dimming Problems with TRIAC Dimmers
- LED Dimmable Drivers (Phase-Cut / TRIAC):
- LED Dimmable Drivers (0/1-10V) : "0 -1 Inconsistency" in 0/1-10V Control Part I / Part II
- Shielding Suggestions for Using 1-10V Controller with Electronic Ballast (T5) Applications
- 12Vac Transformer Backward Compatibility Discussion using Magnetic & Electronics Transformers
- SORAA® Professional LED Lamps:
- Multi-Way LED Dimmer: Comparison with Traditional Two-Way Approach, DZ4G450MULT Operations Walk-through
- Tunable White & Colour Temperature Control Neutral-to-Warm (1800K-4000K) vs. Dim-to-Warm
Tunable White LED and Color Temperature Controller Solution for Neutral-to-Warm (1800K - 4000K)In this video, we first reviewed the Dim-to-Warm (aka Warm Dimming, or Dim-Tone) application and highlighted that for this application, the Color Temperature (CCT) is always in proportional to the Brightness Level (Intensity). We're also dealing with a Range of CCT values (e.g. 1800K - 3000K), not specific CCT values. With our DZ4G450MULT Scene-Setting function, we can quickly access different Colour Tone and adjust the Intensity from the Pre-Set Value.
Then we presented the Neutral-to-Warm solution by using Tunable White LEDs with a CCT Range of 1800K - 4000K. Unlike a regular LED, a Tunable White LED COB consists of a pair of LEDs and have 4 Leads (Cool White +/- and Warm White +/-). For this demonstration, we also used our Colour Temperature Controller (prototype) in this video.
The Differences between Neutral-to-Warm and Dim-to-Warm solution is that
1) Our Neutral-to-Warm solution allows Select-and-Dim @ the Boundary CCT Values without Color Tune changes (i.e. 1800K / Warm White or 4000K / Neutral White). By contrast, the Dim-to-Warm solution would always change the Colour Tone as we change the Brightness Level.
2) Our Neutral-to-Warm solution allows a Wider Range of Dim-Tone Operation than a typical Dim-to-Warm application with the coverage to Neutral White (from 3000K to 4000K), which is about 50% more to entertain various functional events in F&B Lighting Design etc.
The way our solution is designed allows Flexibility of Phase Dimmable LED Drivers. That means it is possible to replace a Constant Current to a Constant Voltage type of LED Dimmable Driver to support Dual Colour LED Strips with 3 Leads to control (24V LED Power, Cool White -VE, Warm White -VE). Below left shows a Yellowish White and below right shows a Bluish White from a Dual Color LED Strips.
At the moment, the development of our Colour Temperature Controller in the 2700K - 6500K CCT range is still on-going. Project progress will be updated in the near future.