LED Dimming has been a common lighting requirement in Today's Professional LED Lighting / Interior Design. But for many, who are in LED Lighting Design / Interior Design / M&E Consultant, they might have found different Reliability and Performance problems when using Traditional Incandescent Dimmers (a.k.a, TRIAC Dimmers) to realize LED Dimming. There are already many websites saying that LED Dimming requires a new type of Dimmer. It's our intention to create our Application Video Library to explore different LED Dimming topics so that the relevant parties would be able to visualize it than simply reading another technical article online.
To provide a simple-to-use and cost-effective LED Dimming solution for customers’ transition to Professional LED Lighting effect, our 450W / 220 - 240Vac Digital Phase Cut LED Wall Dimmers are designed for LED Deep Dimming. Not only are backward compatible to single Live-wire operation for TRIAC Dimmer Replacement, our LED dimmers have Other Benefits from Digital Processing, which upgrades Single Pole Dimmers with new features matching with today’s market needs.
Gen 3 LED Phase Dimmer
With our past effort, our Gen 3 LED Dimmer, DZ3G450DIAL, is officially listed on the leading Professional LED Lighting Manufacturer, SORAA®’s Compatibility List for its Professional LED Lamps. Not only that, our different solutions have been using in multiple projects by some prestigious customers, who encountered LED Dimming problems for their Interior Design projects. By working with LED Driver and Lighting Fixture Suppliers, Designers and Electricians, even Retailers, we've gained a comprehensive end-to-end understanding of the overall LED Dimming / Professional LED Lighting applications. This extensive Marketing experience also fuels our continuous product innovation for LED Dimming applications!
- To understand more about SORAA® Professional LED Lighting, please refer to our Recommended Product Sections: Professional LED Lamps and Track Light (ART-Series).
Gen 4 LED Phase Dimmer
To address Hospitality, Office, Retail and Residential Lighting applications, our new Gen 4 Multi-Way LED Dimmer, DZ4G450MULT, does not only integrate Light On/Off, Deep Dimming Up/Down and Scene-Setting features to a single button, but it also has a Unique Feature of being able to Connect Multiple LED Dimmers to Control the Same set of Lighting Fixtures at Different Locations, without SPDT switch nor Mobile APP . This is something not found in the textbook and is a useful new product to the Lighting society!
To facilitate our customers to browse our Videos, we've selected several more important ones as follows:
- LED Dimming Overview: Minimum Power Requirement for Deep Dimming, LED Dimming Problems with TRIAC Dimmers
- LED Dimmable Drivers (Phase-Cut / TRIAC):
- LED Dimmable Drivers (0/1-10V) : "0 -1 Inconsistency" in 0/1-10V Control Part I / Part II
- Shielding Suggestions for Using 1-10V Controller with Electronic Ballast (T5) Applications
- 12Vac Transformer Backward Compatibility Discussion using Magnetic & Electronics Transformers
- SORAA® Professional LED Lamps:
- Multi-Way LED Dimmer: Comparison with Traditional Two-Way Approach, DZ4G450MULT Operations Walk-through
- Tunable White & Colour Temperature Control Neutral-to-Warm (1800K-4000K) vs. Dim-to-Warm
Dynamic Lighting Control with Dual Toggle Switches for Tuneable White LED FixturesWhile there are different mobile app control tuneable white solutions in the market, the idea of our dynamic lighting solution is to allow users dimming the light and adjusting the color temperature of a tuneable white LED fixture in the cool/warm white spectrum with only two momentary switches.
In this video, we presented our dynamic lighting control solution that’s based on our DZ2G300TUNE controller using a diamonds display box integrated with our tuneable white LED fixtures.
Tuneable white LED Fixtures in the diamonds display box:
- Downlight (7W) x1 / 6500K - 2700K Tuneable, CRI 90
- Light Bar (15W) x2 / 6500K - 2700K Tuneable, CRI 90
- Light Strip (9W) x2 / 7800K - 2200K Tuneable, CRI 80
Our modular solution consists of 4 portions:
- Solid aluminum alloy wall plate with a pair of low voltage toggle switches for Intensity & Color Temperature control
- DZ2G300TUNE controller integrated with a phase dimmer and color temperature control unit
- LED phase-dimmable LED driver(s) externally connected to our controller
- Tuneable white LED fixture(s) consists of Cool White +/- and Warm White +/- leads
In the first part of the demonstration, we showed the dynamic lighting effects created by the downlight and the two light bars with our controller.
In the second part of the demonstration, we had both the LED strips in the front of the diamonds display box added to create a splendid lighting effect, which makes the overall lighting effect much more obvious.
Besides the intensity and CCT adjustment shown, we further demonstrated the rest of the features available, such as Light On/Off, Full Intensity, Pre-set Warm White Color Temperature Value Trigger and Pre-set Cool White Color Temperature Value Trigger.
Furthermore, the memory settings for the Minimum-Intensity-Level, Preferred Warm White CCT Value, and Preferred Cool White CCT Value can be customized and altered via the toggle switches, which would be demonstrated in another video when we look into the Push Button interface, which can be good at addressing other types of installation requirements.