Besides energy saving, controllability is the next highly expected feature of LED Lighting over Traditional Lighting. However, such a control aspect seems to be missing in daily applications. Since 2015, we've been developing & marketing Phase Dimmers* and related products to address LED dimming control.
Driven by our project field experience, we developed a new type of Tunable White control using Phase Dimming & 0-10V technologies, which gives our Tunable White Controller (DZ1G300TUNE) & Dynamic Lighting Controllers (DZ2G300TUNE_TOGG / _PUSH). It's our goal to lower the technical and costs barriers for different Circadian Lighting or Commercial applications that desire Multi-Purpose Lighting.
* Our 450W / 220-240Vac Single Live-wire Operational Trailing-edge LED Phase Dimmers released to market includes DZ2G450DIAL & DZ1G450CAPS (2015), DZ3G450DIAL (2017), DZ4G450MULT (2018). In 2017, our DZ3G450DIAL was listed as a SORAA® Compatible dimmer. In Q2 2021, an Enhanced version of DZ3G450DIAL has been available.
In this Application Video Library, we shared a number of interesting topics on LED dimming or how our products can be applied in different scenarios.
Dimmable LED Filament Bulb (MEGAMAN® LG6603dGD) & One-Touch Dimmer DZ1G450CAPS
LED Filament bulbs gain their popularity in F&B and Hospitality design as they give the cosy feeling similar to the traditional incandescent lamps. Dimmable LED Filament bulbs represent another step ahead in decorative lighting to replicate the mood lighting effect when traditional incandescent lamps are dimmed. The LG6603dGD & the series from MEGAMAN® is good for us to illustrate the performance of dimmable LED filament bulbs.
In the 1st part of this video, we demonstrate Deep Dimming performance first with 3x LG6603dGD (3 Watt) bulbs. We further demonstrate the performance with 2x and then 1x LG6603dGD bulb to demonstrate the same smooth Deep Dimming effect consistently. This is to contrast with some dimmers that fail to give a consistent dimming performance when the lamp load decreases*. (This is related to the Minimum Power Rating requirement as shown in our "What's Deep Dimming?" video.)
- Note there are some dimmable LED filament bulbs that can also be dimmed by "average dimmers" in the market, please visit our video to understand the difference between TRIAC dimmer and Digital LED dimmers & inconsistency with KB31RD400 dimmers on the same set of lamp load.
In the 2nd part of this video, we'll demonstrate the "Switch-&-Dim" feature of Legend Tech One-Touch Dimmer (DZ1G450CAPS). The One-Touch dimmer has both On / Off and Dimming features integrated on the single button:
- A short press is switching On / Off for the lamps.
- A long press (or Hold) is ramping the light intensity in either Up / Down direction.
- To change the ramping direction, briefly, release the button and hold down again. When the lamp has hit either the minimum or maximum brightness level, the LED indicator would flash, so the user knows when to release the button.
- To adapt to a particular set of lamps, it's possible to customize a "system-minimum" or lowest brightness level to avoid flickering due to different dimming range supported by different LED drivers. For the Minimum-Dimming-Level Setting and Restrike options of DZ1G450CAPS, please refer to separate demo video clips.